And off we go onto week 3 already!!! Our newsfeed and the event are filling with some amazing stitchery!!! We do so enjoy seeing your work and your progress. And please be sure to post any questions so we are able to give you a hand if you need some support.
This week we have 2 often forgotten, but very important parts of the series of movies, comic books, video games, and cos play worlds. Main characters are always important…. but the support behind them is often what makes them so famous. Characters of the obscure and often forgotten scenes of these movies are some of the most interesting characters of the entire series. So with that….. on to the featured “persons” of this week’s release – AT ST and Wampa.
Yarn Colors for Week 3:
- Sky Blue
- Pale Yellow
- Light Grey
- Medium Grey
- Dark Grey
- AtSt – All Terrain Scout Transport – also known as the “Chicken Walker”
- Manufacturer – Kuat Drive Yards
- Bi-pedal walker
- 8.6 meters tall, carrying a crew of 2 Imperial Army Pilots
- Carried up to 200 kilos of cargo, which could be unloaded via the top hatch
- Light, heavily-armed, ground combat vehicle which was able to patrol in various environments
- Equipped with: double Taim & Bak blaster cannon, E-Web twin blaster cannon, DW-3 concussion grenade launcher, 2 clawed feet, encased in 9095-T8511 grade durasteel
- Designed to be a recon, hit and run vehicle
- Utilized a holographic targeting system
The bipedal propulsion system was one of the primary weaknesses of the AT-ST. On even, flat terrain, the walker could achieve over 90 kilometers per hour, but on uneven, shifting and unstable terrain, a walker could easily become unbalanced and fall over.
- Homeworld: Hoth
- Ice Creature
Standing at 3 meters tall and weighing in at 150 kilograms, the wampa was one of Hoth’s top carnivorous predators. While hunting, the wampa would ambush and stun its prey, then drag it back to its cave, hang it upside down and devour the prey whenever it needed.
During her childhood Jyn Erso owned a doll resembling a wampa.
Suggested Yarn Colors for Week 4:
- Apple Green
- Pastel Green
- Dark Jade
- Windsor Blue
AT ST – c2c AT ST file
AT ST – single crochet AT ST file
Wampa – c2c Wampa File
Wampa – single crochet Wampa file
All previous CAL release weeks and articles can be found by clicking >>HERE<<
May the Force be with you on this sojourn to complete this task…… until next week…..