The Narcissus CAL by Rosina Plane gives us a touch of Spring on our hooks while winter brings many of us the dreary grey weather. Who doesn’t instantly think of Spring when they see a beautiful Narcissus (Daffodil) peeping through the soil …. waiting to bloom it’s rays of sunshiny goodness for us to ogle at????
Spring is coming faster than we think….. Christmas is days away….. and our WIP baskets are almost empty as we struggle to finish our last pieces up. Why not add the next project as a breath of fresh air and springtime beauty as your first after the holidays project????
Here’s what you will need:
Stylecraft Special DK (100% acrylic / 295m per 100g ball):
- 4 balls in Parchment (MC)
- 3 balls in Meadow (CC2)
- 2 balls in Cream (CC1)
- 2 balls in Pistachio (CC8)
- 1 ball in Apricot (CC3)
- 1 ball in Sunshine (CC4)
- 1 ball in Saffron (CC5)
- 1 ball in Citron (CC6)
- 1 ball in Lemon (CC7)
- 3.50mm (E) and 4mm (G) crochet hooks
And here is the schedule:
- Dec 20: introduction
- Jan 7: Week 1
- Jan 14: Week 2
- Jan 21: Week 3
- Jan 28: Week 4
- Feb 4: Week 5
- Feb 11: Week 6
- Feb 18: Week 7
- In weeks 1 – 3 we will be making the hexagons that form the main body of the blanket In week 4 we add an additional round to each, and join them all together ‘as-you-go’ In week 5 we start on the border of our hexagonal blanket
- In week 6 we turn the hexagon into a dodecagon (12 sides)
- In week 7 we complete the last few rounds of the border.
The introduction is available to download from right here as well:
Narcissus CAL Facebook Event can be found >HERE<
Don’t let Spring sneak up on you without having this beautiful blanket started and waiting to sit outside with for a lovely cuppa each morning as you watch the flowers bloom and the trees begin to turn green again.
See you in 2 weeks for the first week of this amazing CAL….. and a wonderful start for the New Year in your WIP basket!