Ohhhhhhh the scrolling beauty of that one simple word…… and the entire Christmas CAL season is chosen for some of us! How many of us stopped scrolling, jaw dropping, eyes popping ….. in pure amazement at that one solitary word….
N O E L…… scrolling curls and intricate twirls….. where “Neon” Santa meets “Olde World” St Nick….. this blanket has the beauty of tapestries of olden times and the ease of today’s mosaic stitching techniques….. all bundled into one TRULY AMAZING WORK OF ART!
And just who is the designer who has created such a work of art???? Sophie Robert, Sophie Robert…… a name we shall be watching for upcoming patterns and designs for sure!
And who knew that I, the Harley Davidson riding, hook handling Admin of CAL – Crochet A Long, would find such a kindred spirit in Sophie – another Harley Davidson riding hook handler!!!
Sophie is from France and loves the countryside of her heritage. She is a wife and mother, an animal lover, a Harley Davidson / motorcycle lover, and not only is she a cheese lover – SHE MAKES HER OWN CHEESES!!!! Her mother taught her to crochet 25+ years ago, but she never wanted to follow a pattern….. she just stitched and created the things she imagined. Now she has the added challenge of writing down her patterns for all of us to make! She hopes that her patterns bring joy and happiness to others and that through this pattern, and the ones yet to come, others will feel her love for crochet.
But for right now, let’s take a look at the important information for CAL DE NOEL:
- This is a PAID pattern. You can find this pattern on Ravelry >>HERE<<
- It is currently only available in FRENCH…….
- HOWEVER…… this design will be available starting Wednesday, November 11, 2020, in English!!!
- This is a 6 PART CAL with 1 part per week, on Wednesday
- 200cm wide (79”) in WIDTH – by 130 cm (51”) in LENGTH
- YARN : approximately 3,000 meters of Color A and approximately 3,000 meters of Color B in Worsted Weight / Aran
- you may substitute any yarn that you would like to use – please do remember that if you choose to do so it will alter the size of your completed blanket
- HOOK : you will need to use a hook 1 size SMALLER then suggested for your yarn. If the yarn calls for a 3.5mm hook – you will need to use a 3.0mm hook
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
You can find Sophie on the following Social Media and website:
Make sure that you keep your eyes open for upcoming designs by this amazing designer!!
Until next time,