Ohhhhhhh who among us couldn’t use a good spa day?!?!!?!? Designer Carolyn Caldron has an upcoming CAL that you won’t want to miss!
This CAL is a beginner Tunisian crochet CAL. If you’re new to Tunisian crochet this is a fabulous CAL to be a part of! This CAL will be a great way to practice your tension and make a small cloth at the same time. Carolyn will have video tutorials to help you learn new stitches and refresh on ones that may be “filed” away in your crochet index.
The CAL will be concentrating on the basic stitches, ie: simple stitch, knit stitch, purl stitch, and then move along to some intermediate stitches to build onto your foundation of stitches. This CAL will be a lot of fun for those who are experienced Tunisian crocheters AND those who have never even heard of it!
Carolyn is co-hosting her CAL here with us at CAL – Crochet A Long and we just couldn’t be happier to have her here with us again! Her stunning FATW5 square, Friendship Square, is a beautiful and fun square to work…. and we are so happy that she has agreed to join us again for another FATW sometime in the future!
And now on to the supply list and information about each cloth:
Each Spa Cloth pattern comes in two sizes, small and large. The small size is approximately 5.50 inches square, and the large cloths are approximately 8.50 inches by 11 or 12 inches. Each one is slightly different, but roughly the same sizes depending on the stitch, and number of rows you make.
For the small cloths, Carolyn used approximately 35-50 yards each.
For the large cloths, Carolyn used between 100-130 yards for each one.
And remember…. you may find you like a particular stitch and find yourself making that one over and over so be sure to buy some extra yarn!
1. Yarnspirations Sugar’N Cream Yarn – 100% cotton, #4 WW, in various colors.
- 12 Small Cloths = approximately 420 – 600 yards total, color Ecru.
- 12 Large Cloths = approximately 1,200 – 1,560 yards total, various colors.
2. Tunisian Crochet Hook: size J / 6.00 mm
- Carolyn uses the Furl’s Tunisian crochet Hook: size J / 6.00 mm
You will also find some fun additions on Carolyn’s blog which you can find HERE that include soap making and stitch markers!!!!! So much fun…..
The schedule for this CAL: new cloth released every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 4 weeks and then the final week is the Giveaway!!!
- Feb 1: Part 1-Simple Stitch
- Feb 3rd: Part 2-Tunisian Knit Stitch
- Feb 5th: Part 3-Tunisian Purl Stitch
- Feb 8th: Part 4-Tunisian Full Stitch
- Feb 10th: Part 5-Tunisian Rib Stitch
- Feb 12th: Part 6-Tunisian Seed Stitch
- Feb 15th: Part 7-Tunisian Double Crochet
- Feb 17th: Part 8-Tunisian Honeycomb Stitch
- Feb 19th: Part 9-Tunisian Extended Simple Stitch
- Feb 22nd: Part 10-Tunisian Basket Weave
- Feb 24th: Part 11-Tunisian Cross Stitch
- Feb 26th:
- Mar 5th – Giveaway winners announced.
There will be 2 Giveaway prizes for this CAL – be sure to pop over to Carolyn’s blog HERE and check out exactly what and how to win the amazing prizes she has lined up!
Until next time….