And we are finally at the end…… the end of the squares, and the start of slip stitches and single crochet! And here is what you need to do…..
- FIRST: If you have waited to add all of the Extra Rounds…. that comes first!
- SECOND: The layout…… you will need to decide how many of your squares will be in your final blanket. And then decide where each square goes in that layout…..
- THIRD: You then JOIN those squares (with their 48 stitches on all sides after the 3 extra rounds).
- FOURTH: After you have joined all of your squares….. and you have a very large squar-ish shape (depending on if you have a square or rectangle 🤣), you will work the “pre-border”. This is 2 rounds of single crochet (first round bring back loop single crochet), and is included in the Join instructions.
- AND LAST….. You are all ready for the BORDER – NEXT WEEK….. (that is of course…..if you have all of your ends woven in….)
And how about a little *SNEAK PEEK* of the CUSHION ….. that’s right…. if you have some extra squares that didn’t make it to your blanket…. CAL has created a special “matching” Cushion Pattern for this CAL!!!! (which can be used with ANY FATW CAL square that we have previously released!!!)
Be sure to share your progress with us in our Facebook Group HERE. We so enjoy seeing your work!
Until next time,