Everything you need to know about FATW5 – Friends Around the World Fifth Anniversary CAL – can be found right here. Help us celebrate with this amazing CAL.
Here are some of the most important details:
- FREE CAL
- US & UK crochet terms available
- Translations to multiple languages
- Video tutorials for almost every square
- Thirty-one designers
- Forty-three squares
- Weekly releases
- to achieve a 12″ square** you will want to use Aran/Worsted weight yarn and a 5.0mm hook.
- to achieve a 10″ square** you will want to use DK weight yarn and a 4.0mm hook
**crochet tension and yarn/hook usage vary by individual so sizes may not be exact
Now, here’s where this becomes a bit of a math lesson and requires you to sort your own yardages. Since we don’t know how many squares you will choose to create, or if you intend to work them all, or are thinking you may want to create multiple blankets/throws – we are breaking this down a bit for you! Each part will be listed individually so you may add up the desired number of squares and have a total for YOUR blanket!
For Aran/Worsted weight yarn (5.0mm hook):
- SQUARE – each of the 43 squares averages around 100 grams. Many are less, but equally as many are over.
- Join and Extra Rounds – this works out to about 3 grams per square (if you choose an elaborate join – you will need to add more yarn for the join)
- Border – the border works out to approximately 60 grams per square
This means that you need approximately 165+\- grams of yarn PER SQUARE for this CAL in Aran/Worsted weight yarn
For DK weight yarn (4.0mm hook)
- SQUARE: each of the 43 squares averages around 60 grams. Many are less, but equally as many are over.
- Join and Extra Rounds: this works out to about 2 grams per square (if you choose an elaborate join – you will need to add more yarn for the join)
- Border: the border works out to approximately 40 grams per square
This means that you need approximately 102+\- grams of yarn PER SQUARE for this CAL in DK weight yarn
****all yarn information is averaged and estimated from test squares. Your personal yarn usage may vary from the given figures.
Here you will find the links to each weekly release:
- Video by Kogi Naidoo: HERE
12/10/2020: Fire Dragon Eggs
12/03/2020: Friendship Square
11/12/2020: Log Cabin Square
11/05/2020: Four in One
10/29/2020: Snow Star
10/08/2020: Zooty Owl Square 1
9/17/2020: FALL FRIENDSHIP
7/30/2020: It’s Complicated